SUPC Board 101: The Basics
As a Board Member, your basic responsibilities are:
1. Attend the monthly Board meeting on 4th Tuesday at 6 pm. You are allowed a few excused absences for a year, but we ask that you let us know ahead of time.
2. Attend one committee meeting a month, and be an active participant. Our committees vary in meeting times, but generally, they are mid-week at 6. You will need to select what committee(s) you would like to be signed up for by the October Board meeting. This helps us measure the minimum number of people we need at a meeting in order to vote (quorum).
3. Be a great communicator! Read emails and respond to the ones that need a response. We like our Board to be well-informed and engaged.
4. Connect your neighbors to SUPC. Chat with people about what's going on and listen to their concerns. Be observant.
5. Ask questions if you don't understand something.
6. Never vote just to go along with others. Your opinion is important.
7. Read the Board Handbook and SUPC Bylaws.
Each month you will receive an important email the week before the board meeting. It will have information about the meeting, as well as other important announcements:
Leave a Reply.
This information is confidential and not to be shared with anyone outside of the organization.